Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩
I am a lecturer of Computer Science at the University of Hull. I have worked in the software industry in the US and the UK. I have over 40 years software development experience, in writing compilers, operating system implementation and porting, networking protocol stacks, protocol analysers and software for arcane and unusual architectures.
I am experienced at answering and solving students' programming and computer science questions.
I teach the networking, compilers and security courses.
My research areas include computer crime, forensics and security.
I was the first timelord and created the tardis.
Member for 5 years, 4 months
6 profile views
Last seen May 13 at 8:37
- Academia 11.1k 11.1k 44 gold badges3535 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 5.6k 5.6k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.8k 4.8k 1414 gold badges4242 silver badges113113 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 3k 3k 1111 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 189 Nudism in space: Why wear clothes anyway?
- 186 How to deal with a student who most likely has a mental condition, and keeps arguing with me in class?
- 125 Httpd returning 503 Service Unavailable with mod_proxy for Tomcat 8
- 94 What is the context of the button "Is MS DOS a feminist?"
- 91 Word choice for salutation in a formal email to your PhD adviser, Is *Dear Boss* appropriate?
- 79 Teaching a blind student MATLAB programming
- 78 How did Canada come to be the robotic arm people?
- View more network posts →