Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩
I am a lecturer of Computer Science at the University of Hull. I have worked in the software industry in the US and the UK. I have over 40 years software development experience, in writing compilers, operating system implementation and porting, networking protocol stacks, protocol analysers and software for arcane and unusual architectures.
I am experienced at answering and solving students' programming and computer science questions.
I teach the networking, compilers and security courses.
My research areas include computer crime, forensics and security.
I was the first timelord and created the tardis.
Member for 4 years, 10 months
4 profile views
Last seen Nov 9 at 16:08
- Academia 10.5k 10.5k 33 gold badges3434 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 4.7k 4.7k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.6k 4.6k 1414 gold badges4040 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 1.9k 1.9k 66 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 188 Nudism in space: Why wear clothes anyway?
- 185 How to deal with a student who most likely has a mental condition, and keeps arguing with me in class?
- 117 Httpd returning 503 Service Unavailable with mod_proxy for Tomcat 8
- 90 Word choice for salutation in a formal email to your PhD adviser, Is *Dear Boss* appropriate?
- 79 Teaching a blind student MATLAB programming
- 74 What's the meaning of "break your legs"?
- 68 How big is a mainframe?
- View more network posts →