Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 3 months
72 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- Space Exploration 101.7k 101.7k 77 gold badges330330 silver badges439439 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 33.1k 33.1k 44 gold badges116116 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 15.1k 15.1k 99 gold badges4242 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Aviation 471 471 11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 307 307 11 gold badge77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 117 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 87 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 87 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 74 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 73 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 71 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 69 Would all crew leave the ISS if one had a medical emergency?
- View more network posts →