Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 333.5k 333.5k 6969 gold badges406406 silver badges611611 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 92.1k 92.1k 2323 gold badges197197 silver badges291291 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 6.2k 6.2k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.8k 3.8k 1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Computer Science 3.2k 3.2k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1218 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1192 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 690 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 640 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 614 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 470 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 342 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →