Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 336.6k 336.6k 7070 gold badges412412 silver badges613613 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 94.5k 94.5k 2424 gold badges201201 silver badges295295 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 9.3k 9.3k 11 gold badge3636 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.8k 3.8k 1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Computer Science 3.5k 3.5k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1228 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1196 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 709 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 650 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 615 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 476 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 346 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →