David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models."
Member for 3 years, 8 months
90 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Space Exploration 45k 45k 2222 gold badges180180 silver badges587587 bronze badges
- Astronomy 8.9k 8.9k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Earth Science 2.6k 2.6k 99 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.4k 2.4k 1616 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Physics 2.3k 2.3k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 129 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 100 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 75 Could "peak Apollo levels" of support have gotten NASA astronauts to Mars in the 1980's?
- 74 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 70 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- 64 Why vent $CO_2$ and $H_2$ waste products to space on ISS?
- 63 Is pinging the Moon with a laser as shown on "The Big Bang Theory" possible?
- View more network posts →