GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 4 years, 8 months
3 profile views
Last seen Mar 5 at 19:59
- Stack Overflow 185.9k 185.9k 2929 gold badges301301 silver badges463463 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.2k 5.2k 1616 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Super User 3.2k 3.2k 1818 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.9k 2.9k 1212 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1878 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 403 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 282 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 208 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 190 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 148 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- 132 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- View more network posts →