note: I'm perplexed by the answer to Can we merge [falcon9-r] into [falcon-9]? since there still seems to be two different tags with different question counts!
I have a hunch that several times both were added out of a sense of "inclusiveness" rather than the questions really being about "Falcon 9R" and/or "Falcon 9".
Before the scope of any potential retagging effort can be estimated, it's necessary to have a good understanding of the relationship between and extent of actual overlap of these two tags.
Question: How to determine on which questions the falcon9-r and falcon9 tags do and don't belong?
Here are some examples that could be examined, sorted chronologically:
- Was there a barge landing attempt on Launch 16 (EUTELSAT 115 / ABS 3A) March 1st
- Does the Falcon 9 (v1.1) first stage have an explosive Flight Termination System?
- How does the Falcon 9 know where the landing barge/pad is?
- Why did the RCS thrusters on Falcon 9 fire in the wrong direction?
- Did CRS-6 landing fail because the steering fins are ineffective at low speed?
- How far from launchpad did Falcon 9's first stage go? (I’ve removed falcon9-r to make room)
- Is it possible the Falcon Heavy Demo flight could be done with three previously flown boosters?
- What is the burn time for the F9 boostback / reentry / landing burns?
- How does the Falcon 9 first stage avoid burning up on re-entry?
- What are the version number and identification names for each Falcon 9-r boosters?
- What are the two bright objects separating from the Falcon 9?