What would be a good tag name for devices that help propel a spacewalking astronaut? Such devices include the MMU, SAFER, and the canned gas that Ed White used during his spacewalk. I have a pending question for the "jet boots" that were considered for Skylab.



astronaut propulsion unit or * maneuvering * ? I'm not exactly in love with that, but haven't thought of a better one.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ astronaut-propulsion seems like an okay variation, if nothing else better is suggested. $\endgroup$
    – DrSheldon
    Jun 17 '21 at 20:47
  • $\begingroup$ astronaut-articulation? (humor) $\endgroup$
    – uhoh
    Jun 18 '21 at 3:13
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @DrSheldon I'm fond of that too. $\endgroup$
    – called2voyage Mod
    Jun 18 '21 at 15:37

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .