As a project, a bit of fun and experiment, I want to work on 'Indoor farming', but with great projects come great questions. So did I, mostly with light frequency, intensity, watt, stuff that you can't google. Since there is no specific SE regarding it, I am confused about where to ask my doubts.
Questions about "light frequency, intensity, watt," issues of indoor farming can be asked in Biology SE and Sustainability SE I think. Here's one for example, you can search each site for more: Are two colors (red + blue) necessary for LED grow lights, or would either color be sufficient?
There are some space farming questions here in Space SE:
- Which is easier to build on mars per square kilometer; greenhouse windows or photovoltaics/LEDs?
- Are there any existing technologies, or research, that investigate the sustainable production of food for manned exploration trips?
- Power to grow food per person
- Cubic meters of martian greenhouse required
- Manufacturing rope, textile, and clothing on Mars
- Mars Watershield Greenhouse Question
- Using bamboo as space construction material
- How does this spinach-growing Mars lander design work?
- Sunroofs on Mars - durable transparent structural plastics lighter than glass to ship from Earth?
Just make sure you grow arugula, also known as rocket. (Fun fact: Marco Polo named the Chinese invention "rocket" because it was shaped like an arugula leaf.)