This is the official repository for general community policy decisions.
- What is the best approach to asking questions?
- Can I write an answer to my own question and accept it?
- When can I post multiple answers to the same question?
- What are the rules for science fiction questions?
- When are physics questions on topic?
- Is planetary science on topic?
- Can I ask for guidance on making my own rocket engine or fuel?
- When are programming questions on topic? (asked about python specifically)
- Can I ask about my idea to solve this problem?
- What are the rules about homework questions?
- Where can I find resources such as books to get additional information about space exploration?
- Where can I find educational materials about space exploration?
- Where can I find space exploration infographics?
- Where can I find software tools for space exploration?
- How do we know the moon landings are real?
- Can tags have the word "space" in them?
- Should tags containing multiple words separate the words with hyphens?
Tag Excerpt and Wiki
- Should tag excerpts begin with the word "Questions"?
- Should I copy a snippet of the Wikipedia entry for a topic into the tag wiki?
On Writing Guidelines
- What pronouns should I use for individuals?
- Which version of English spelling should be used?
- What are the rules for abbreviations?
- Can I use Wikipedia as a source?
- Are sci-hub links allowed?
- I'm referencing an offline source I'd like to make available online. Is there a way I can do that?
- When should I include a video?
- Should I say "astronaut", "cosmonaut", or something else?
- Which units of measurement should I use (e.g. feet or meters)?