The following posts (and all of their reputation?) was all deleted on 08-Aug-2018, two months after all of the activity. This all happened on the one question linked below.
- Why two months later?
- Why isn't there a reason stated there for us to see?
- This deletion does not show up on my recent deleted question page. Is this kind of deletion in fact silent and undetectable by me within the SE UI?
- Besides all of the work becoming inaccessible to future readers, and least important, how much reputation was removed by this deletion? Was the 60+ day delay before deletion meant to preserve reputation? (those -100's and -200's would have raised some eyebrows.)
Votes and work done on this post
Question: +20/-1 11-June-2018 Answer: +11-/1 11-June-2018 Answer: +28/-1 11-June-2018 Answer: +4/-0 12-June-2018 Answer +2-/0 12-June-2018 Answer +3/-0 18-June-2018 Answer +1/-0 12-June-2018 Answer +0/-0 12-June-2018
There is one answer with -4 votes that was immediately self-deleted on 12-June-2018, only 20 hours after it was posted, so that can't be the reason.
A search of recent news will show that interest in searching for liquid salt water (brine) continues to if anything, increase with time.
- Science: 03-August-2018 Radar evidence of subglacial liquid water on Mars
- EarthSky.org: 28-Sept-2018 Pink lagoon provides clues to possible Mars life
- Space.com: 25-July-2018 Mars' South Pole May Hide a Large Underground Lake
- Science News: 18-August-2010 Mars (probably) has a lake of liquid water
Deleted Question: Is there any economical way to move the water from the Martian poles to the people? currently only visible to users with 10k+ rep.